Wednesday, May 24, 2006

коробейники

After a few days without being able to play guitar or sax (I organized an international meeting here in Plasencia and after that went to Portugal for a couple of days to give a speech about GIS in Lisbon and another one in Faro), yesterday I had enough time to finish recording and mixing my cover version of коробейники (korobejniki). Up to seven guitars are playing simultaneously on the central part of the song. What started as a simple song with two guitars has turned out to be one the most elaborated tunes of my "raw" guitar project...and probably the funniest of them all.

To download it, click here.

It sounds rather russian, and I have tried not to include too many solos, focusing mainly on the melody, which is among the catchiest I've ever heard. It is not only catchy when you listen to it...but also when you play it! Believe me...I cannot stop playing it again and again!

If you wonder how the percussive sound of the first bar is played, it is easy to play it picking very close to the brigde and muting the strings with the left hand near the picking one.

As usually, comments are welcome.

6 comments:

Vane said...

I felt like if I were playing Tetris in the Jazz Cafe in London

Rubiales said...

jajajaja, it remembers me a little your "Revuelto de Ojetes" tunes...
Seriously, it's very funny... but I find too much guitars in it, mmm I think... ;)

Wala said...

Genial el tema. ¿Qué significa Korobejniki?

¿Y qué es eso del encuentro internacional en Plasencia? Hmm.

Gnomusy said...

это - реальное удовольствие слушать вашу музыку снова, Я надеюсь, что мы имеем шанс когда-нибудь, чтобы играть музыку вместе. Весь лучше всего из вашего друга. Дэвид.

Gnomusy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gnomusy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.